Last Updated: March 1, 2017
Collection of Information
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example when you fill out a form, request information, make a donation, participate in a contest or promotion, apply for a job or volunteer position, communicate with us via third party social media sites or otherwise. Types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, employment and training history, health conditions, fitness background and any other information you choose to provide.
Information we collect automatically when you use our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log information. We log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device information. We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information collected by cookies & other tracking technologies. We use various technologies to collect information and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in a device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience; to help measure and research the effectiveness of our interactive online content, features, advertisements and other communications; to track analytics and see which areas and features of our Services are popular; and to count visits. We may also use web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails to help deliver cookies; count visits; understand usage and campaign effectiveness; and to determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services
- Assess applications for employee and volunteer positions
- Solicit donations and support for Upower and our programs
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information including confirmations and invoices
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, events offered by Upower and others in connection with Upower
- Provide news and information we think may be of interest to you
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services
- Personalize and improve our Services and provide content or features that may match your interests
- Process and deliver contests, sweepstakes, raffle entries and rewards
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was necessarily collected, contemplated by the collection of information about you or as we otherwise notify you via our Services
Upower is based in the United States. U.S. law governs the information we collect. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of Upower or others
- In connection with or during negotiations of any merger, sale of our assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our operations to another organization
- With your consent or at your direction including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by contacting us (see below). We will make desired change but may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.